Due to the recent rise in temperature and extremely nice weather I have been a little slow on my baking. Yesterday I made chocolate covered pretzels in 80 degree weather, that was interesting! Anyways I thought that the pretzels would hold up a little better than the solid chocolate lollipops. I am also going to try to make some regular lollipops soon. Also wanted to post this recipe for cinnamon cupcakes that I recently used, tasted pretty awesome.
3 ½ c cake flour
2 c sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 c (2 sticks) butter, unsalted, diced, at room temperature
1 c whole or low-fat milk (divided use)
4 large eggs
2 large egg whites
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
2 (8) ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
2 lbs. confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Place muffin liners into a muffin tin. (pray lightly with non-stick cooking spray).
2. Place 1 ½ TBS of cake batter into the muffin liners.
3. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of filling onto the cake batter that was placed in step 2.
4. Place 1 ½ TBS cake batter over the filling; smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
5. Drag a toothpick through the filled muffin liners to distribute the cinnamon filling.
6. Bake at 350°F for 18-20.
7. Cool completely and pipe on icing.
8. Sprinkle the icing cupcakes with coarse sugar and cinnamon if desired.